Thomas Cooke II
London silversmith. His first mark was entered at Goldsmith's Hall as a largeworker on June 7, 1724. His second mark, in partnership with Richard Gurney, was entered on October 19, 1727. The shop address was The Golden Cup, Foster Lane. The partnership appears to have lasted until 1773. Source: Groombridge, p.470.
The tankard owned by Franklin bears a date letter for 1748.