John Stamper
London silversmith. He is entered in the records of Goldsmith's Hall as the son of a Gentleman. His first mark, in 2 sizes, is entered as a plateworker with Edward Aldridge in 1753. It is their only mark in partnership, and is shown in Groombridge as #528. The partnership ended in 1757, after which he is recorded at addresses in Fleet Street until 1772. According to Ambrose Heal's research he advertised as a jeweler and goldsmith. Source: Groombridge, pp. 48, 669.