"Benjamin Franklin: In Search of a Better World," Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary traveling exhibition, National Constitution Center, Philadelphia, 2005-2006
Talbott, Page, ed., Benjamin Franklin: In Search of a Better World (New Haven and London: Yale University, 2005) (companion book to exhibition of same title)
The sash is reputed to have belonged to Franklin, and to have been worn by him during the years he was active in French Freemasonry in the Lodge of the Nine Sisters (the Muses were sisters). Accessioned in 1871. Printed in the Proceedings: "Brother Pike acquired this collar on one of his Masonic visitations to Paris about the year 1871." The Masonic Temple records indicate that this sash was acquired on March 1, 1950 and was given by John Lowry Ruth or Rurk. No other information was provided, and no other information is known about the sash's provenance.