High chest of drawers (Philadelphia Chippendale highboy), ca. 1770
Courtesy of The Colonial...
Click to Enlarge

Courtesy of The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph H. Hennage,

  • Overview
  • Description
  • Further Information
"Benjamin Franklin: In Search of a Better World," Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary traveling exhibition, National Constitution Center, Philadelphia, 2005-2006
Related Publications

Dorman, Charles G, "The Furnishings of Franklin Court, 1765-1790: A Preliminary Study" ( U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service, July 1969)

Talbott, Page, "The House that Franklin Built" (Antiques & Fine Art, Vol. VI, Issue 5, January-February 2006, pp. 232-38)

Talbott, Page, ed., Benjamin Franklin: In Search of a Better World (New Haven and London: Yale University, 2005) (companion book to exhibition of same title) Fig. 4.29

The chest is believed to have been owned by Sarah Franklin Bache and passed down to her descendants until sold by Henrietta Bache Jayne to the New York firm of Ginsburg & Levy, [DATE?]. It was purchased by its current owners from them.
postmaster@benfranklin300.org Terms of Use Credits